I’m not at SXSW this year. Again.
But I almost feel like I'm there in Austin, eating 'Q and walking down 6th Street, because I'm tuned in to the "SXSW-List" channel on RadioWeave. I hear people reporting the goings on, tweets from attendees, and coverage of the products to be released and the bands that will play.
HOW TO LISTEN TO SXSW-LIST
To preview the SXSW-List radio channel, go to
here) by adding that channel to your weave.
WHAT YOU CAN HEAR IN SXSW-LIST
These are the channels in "SXSW-List" so far:
- tag:sxsw - This channels holds any RadioWeave tracks that have been tagged with "sxsw". These may have been contributed from the RadioWeave website, or using our RadioWeave or Soundbiter iPhone apps.
- twitter:#sxsw - This is a Twitter channel. It contains tweets hash-tagged with '#sxsw' and converted to speech via TTS. (If you care to add more related twitter channels, see RadioWeave twitter instructions)
- sxsw AudioBoos - Boos tagged 'sxsw' and posted to http://audioboo.fm/ from their website or iPhone app (BTW, AudioBoo launched their audio-blogging application one year ago at SXSW; Congratulations AudioBoo!)
- sxsw:Huffduffer - This channel streams all items entered through the http://huffduffer.com/ podcast-aggre-creator and tagged there with 'sxsw'
- podcast:Scobelizer - Robert Scoble is at SXSW and using the Cinch audio-blogger to upload podcasts directly from an iPhone.
- sxsw etc... - If I catch any SXSW-related information coming in that miss the above channels (e.g. uploads that weren't labeled, band recordings) I’ll also put them in this channel
HOW TO BE CONTRIBUTE AUDIO TO SXSW-LIST
RadioWeave content is all community created. You an add audio to the SXSW-List through any of these methods:
- To give direct audio feedback to anything you hear on RadioWeave, press the microphone icon and reply directly with your computer microphone or your iPhone/iTouch. That audio will be available for all to hear in a few seconds.
- Any content created on RadioWeave (e.g. microphone, URL, uploaded…) may be tagged with 'sxsw'
- With our Soundbiter iPhone application, you can capture sounds, live music, & comments directly at the show. With Soundbiter you can immediately edit, tag (with 'sxsw') and upload directly into the radio.
- Record with the AudioBoo iPhone app, tag ‘sxsw’ and upload to AudioBoo.
- Import any audio to huffduffer, and tag ‘sxsw’
- tweet with #sxsw and it might appear on RadioWeave. I say ‘might’ because there are approximately a gazillion tweets about sxsw this week. There’s no way to listen to them all so we only take a reasonable portion.
- Create other channels or tags related to sxsw, and let me know about them
Instead of listening only to SXSW-List I suggest you add SXSW-List to your weave, so you can hear about SXSW along with many other informative and entertaining channels.
For more information about how to use RadioWeave, see http://radioweave.com/about/
What was that SXSW-List URL again?
Keep Austin weird.