So I configure RadioWeave to play a song from my own music library every few tracks.
Two Methods for adding your music into your radio weave:
weave-your-music method 1)
add iPod music directly from the iPhone/iTouch/iPad
The latest RadioWeave iPhone app (available at the store here) contains this option to blend your on-device music library into the RadioWeave experience.
Instructions for using the "Add iPod music" feature are available here.
weave-your-music method 2)
upload your music into the cloud with RadioWeaveMyMusic
The second method for adding your music library is with a helper tool we're working on called RadioWeaveMyMusic (RWMM). This is an application for Windows or Macintosh that will keep a rotating portion of your local music cached on the RadioWeave servers. RWMM doesn't manage artwork or ratings yet, and isn't very pretty, so we don't consider it complete. But even in this form it is quite useful so we're making it available for feedback.
The RWMM AIR application may be downloaded here. (If you don't have Adobe AIR installed, see here.)
When you run RWMM on your computer you'll get a screen like this:
Notes:If you run RWMM on your local computer every few days you'll hear a fresh sampling of the music you own mixed in with the rest of your radio content.
- A - size : This is how many of your music files will be kept on the server at any one time.
- B - tbd : This is feature is not enabled.
- C - choose restricted channel : To protect musician's rights, RWMM will only upload to your own personal channel (but restricted for only you to hear) or to a restricted channel you own.
- D - list of your music folders : Add all folders containing music files to hear on RadioWeave.
- E - folders to ignore : Add folders within "include folders" that should not be cached to the server.
- F - status window : Activity and error messages.
If you have questions or suggestions for RadioWeaveMyMusic, please email email@example.com.